Thursday, November 13, 2008

I Love You More Than Cheese

I thought some of you would want an update on Kael. I took Kael to the Dr yesterday to have them check his poop and look at his eczema. She tested his poop and found NO traces of blood. Yay! This means that the no dairy diet is finally making a difference. I can rest easy that his stomach is beginning to heal and that I am not cutting out dairy for no reason. It is a lot easier to "say no to cheese" when it is for your baby! She said that she doesn't think that I need to cut anything else out. I told her that his eczema seemed to get worse when I tested dairy the other day. She says that it probably just irritates his skin and that his eczema is mainly because "he is just an allergic kid".

She asked if we have any allergies in our family. Well...let's see. My mom and I both have A LOT of skin allergies. My mom also has late onset asthma. My nephew just had his tonsils/adenoids removed and tubes put in his ears because of his allergies. My niece is allergic to cow's milk. Bryce has skin allergies including one to mercapto mix that we just discovered (my grandfather was also allergic to it). So....I think we have the whole allergy thing covered : ).

I am happy to know that we are coming closer to a solution. The Dr is getting us in with a pediatric dermatologist at Duke. She thinks we need to go back since his skin is not getting better and he is so young. The other Dr had put him on a steroid foam that was working. However, this Dr doesn't want us to use it for an extended period since it is a steroid. Chris and I totally agree. She is hoping that the dermatologist will be able to give us something that is safer for him.

I love you more than cheese, my dear.
A Leiderkranz won't do.
Mere Roquefort wouldn't please, my pet,
if I could be with you.

I love you more than cheese, my dear.
I have no need of food-
no Goudas, Muensters, Bries,
my love,
I'm just not in the mood.

I'd give up Provolone
if you would have it so.
If you'd give me a
kiss, please,
then Swiss cheese
I'd forego.

Of Philadelphia Cream
I need no longer dream,
for I love you more
than cheese.

By: Sandra Boynton
http://www.sandraboynton.com/sboynton/boyntonmusic.html
Scroll all the way down to the last set of songs and listen.

1 comments:

Allyson said...

Such a cute poem! I'm so glad Kael is getting all better.

 
Background by Jennifer Furlotte / Pixels and IceCream